Friday, July 1, 2022

SPARKDOVESEYES THRU THE KNITTING GLASS 07/02/2022


 Good Morning,

It is a lovely quiet sunny day here, after a week of cool but sunny days. The Galahs have gathered in the dead tree, had their meeting and separated once again to go off their separate ways. The magpies are singing and flying up high in the sky and diving down again .. lovely.


I have a new Finished Object. I made WonderPhil a 50% merino/50% nylon work sock. We like to have jandals and socks on around the house. So I had to figure out a way to make those. The socks I made for myself will be adapted after I have finished his second sock which I started yesterday.



I found a free Japanese Sock pattern that is very well written and followed the pattern as written, my Kitchener is getting better too, it will become more refined after each sock I am sure.


Our Winter is like Spring in the Northern hemisphere, we get lambs and calves and baby magpies squawking for Mum to feed them. Then one day she just shows them where the food is and they have to get it themselves. that causes a lot of squawking :) but they learn. We have a huge flock here now and I love to watch them. 

I even try out my whistling to 'chat' to them, some days they 'sing' back so I may be adopted :)

I still have the Chanel jacket on the go and the hand warmers and the pair of West Yorkshire Spinners socks, a cowl, a Summer top, ....

 

I am trying to finish one thing at a time but I do get distracted by pretty patterns :)

The lady I gave the cowl to gave me a huge bag of yarn to say thanks, so I have more yarn now :) 



Happy 4th of July coming up...enjoy :)

Happy birthday to all for July, have a wonderful happy day :)


Hugs 

doveseyes

Chris

6 comments:

  1. I love the socks, as socks and sandals are the butt of some 'Dad jokes" here. I appreciate the freedom yours give!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to search the link you sent. I appreciate all the photos of the beautiful work you do. Have a happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay there are some really sweet ones and great colors to be found.

      Delete
  3. Yeah for quiet! Sometimes that’s just what the Dr. ordered!

    LOVE WonderPhil’s thong! You are talented!

    LOVE Spring here w/the lambs and baby birds/fledglings. Yes, they do make a ruckus, don’t they! How lovely to sing to the birds! LOL

    Happy knitting! You are so talented!

    Hugs
    Barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete

SPARKDOVESEYES THRU THE KNITTING GLASS 07/02/2022

  Good Morning, It is a lovely quiet sunny day here, after a week of cool but sunny days. The Galahs have gathered in the dead tree, had the...