Friday, July 23, 2021

Finally Saturday is here :)

 

Good Morning, 

 

Saturday is here and DD is coming.... ahh

Tonight at ten pm, we will pick her up at the airport and bring her home.

 

I have been knitting during the week working on my lemon and lime cardigan,

 


 It has a lemon and lime and white group of colors that needed some thought to get right, the fronts have a cable on the sleeve seams. It has me joining yarn to keep it looking right ... though I do think it will be a home cardigan... it is my first foray into this sort of color combo. 

 


 This is the sleeve and you can see the color is spread in a different configuration.

 

It is all knit on 4mm needles , stocking stitch back and fronts with the cable edge on the front sleeve edge and the sleeves are four by two rib all the way. 

 

Weight wise I am going down ... still no news six months later on my procedure to correct the blockage in my heart. I am finally feeling like myself after six months of Hubby taking very good care of me ...though he still is wary of me showering in case I fall :).... keeper !!

 

I am back to working out and walking, not Zumba every day as I am a little wary of getting my heart up to what I used to push it to :)

 

I have my reading list on Blogger and check it often to see if there are new blogs to read. I have also taken some urls from the maintain site and added them to the list. 

 

I  just realized the other day there is a Title line ha ha  .. so  am still learning :)

 


 

 

Have a wonderful day , 

Thanks for stopping by 

 

Hugs 

Christine

17 comments:

  1. Yikes about having to re-jigger the variegated yarn colors... I’m starting to like solid yarns more and more 😂

    Currently playing with a ripple weave texture I found one of Barbara Walker’s books. Looks like someone has turned it into a baby blanket pattern and is selling it. 🤔
    https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/anther - the only thing they added was a border...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is rude isn't it? I wanted to make my dolls and sell them so I wrote to the lady who wrote the patterns and she said no ... so I make them for the gc's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is wonderful that your daughter is getting to visit. Being separated from family and friends for so long has been such a hardship. And your DH indeed sounds like a keeper. Fingers crossed that you get an appointment to fix that blockage. We can only do much without medical intervention and it sounds like you are doing what you can with eating, losing some weight and gentle exercise. And the knitting likely keeps you calm and relaxed.
    Have a wonderful day! Martha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comments, it will all work out in it's time

      Delete
    2. Love the colors. Have a wonderful time with your DD :)

      Delete
  4. I am so happy to read the good news about your daughter's visit.
    Your keeping up with your knitting while awaiting a medical procedure has been an inspiration and "kick in the rear" for me to find a project to distract from my injury.

    Enjoy your week together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks gathering all your family info sounds like a great project to me :)

      Delete
  5. The lemon-lime colors are so beautiful, and your handiwork exquisite as always.
    Enjoy the time with DD!
    (hug)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The sweater is beautiful...as is all your needle work.

    Fill this week with special memories of your time with DD. DH will make sure your heart doesn't get too excited, although I don't think that's possible. ;-)

    Enjoy the week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping by.
    Enjoy your time with your DD.
    I like knitting but nothing too complicated or I lose my patience :)
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for your comments on the knitting :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you are making wonderful memories with your daughter this week! Keep up the good work with the diet as well as the knitting. Seems like you are in a "groove" right now with everything, that's great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks it is so great to have her here and see her face to face and chat, enjoying each day

    ReplyDelete
  11. How did I miss this one? I was alerted by a comment on my blog about Reading List having trouble with updates showing up "late", something I'd observed before... so I came hunting... and here is one I missed!

    Nice colors... and I truly hope you are savoring the time with your daughter. These are precious gifts, the presence of loved ones. Spark on! 💖

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks so much for taking the time to search my blog out :)our time is up tomorrow and she flies home again :)

    ReplyDelete

SPARKDOVESEYES THRU THE KNITTING GLASS 07/02/2022

  Good Morning, It is a lovely quiet sunny day here, after a week of cool but sunny days. The Galahs have gathered in the dead tree, had the...