Friday, July 30, 2021

The Week DD Came to Stay ...

 



What a lovely week it was. ... we picked up DD at the airport in the dark :) I was glad it wasn't raining.
We got home and sat up talking till the wee hours, she had her Dr tone in her voice and it made me smile, though as she talked it went away and she was our 'girl' again.

She loved her room and all the things I had gathered for the little ones, plus some baby sheets etc. She remembered the large suitcase 🙂.
 It rained most of the week and we only went out all together on Wednesday to the shops so she could buy some things for the little ones. DS took the day off so we were a family once again. Lots of laughter and joy 🙂

The rain poured down most days and on Thursday Hubby and I went off down the hill to feed Beauty, DH wanted to see if any trees had fallen as we had a lot of storms and rain this year. We left DD in her pj's on the sofa...

Sure enough a huge Eucalypt had lost a branch ... and when I say branch I am talking 15 foot long and about four foot round with huge off shoot branches ... the weight of it falling had pushed one branch a foot into the soft wet dirt. We started pulling branches away from the fence and DH decided to go and get the 'truck' his Nissan pathfinder to drag the biggest ones.

 I carried on pulling branches and then DH was back and drove the truck into the fire break which is now a mud puddle and the truck went down to the step in mud and the tyres went lower and lower and the truck tipped and skewed . I was incredulous that he didn't think of the consequences, I said nothing ... I have learned over the years do not talk to a man when he is in "rescue mode" I call it his "berserk" mode from a movie many years ago :), a huge flow of rage and energy that gets things done... but don't go near till it's over :)

I looked up and there was DD in her pj's and 'towny boots' coming down the hill, I went into Mother mode and said "what are you doing? " she just laughed and started helping Dad . It was soon obvious two old people and a small dr in pj's were not up to the task ahead. So Hubby went for the chain saw and a thing called a "come along" I would call it a winch with a handle to tighten it.

I said I was going for help and they said stay up there ... ha ha no one was home ... I just laughed it was so incredible 🙂

Hubby and DD did the best they could and got the truck out and came back to the house where the power had gone off !!!

The roller door could not be open so DD had to break out to get to us 🙂

It was hilarious really and a great story to add to the family history 🙂

The next day we dropped DD off at the airport with lots of hugs to be going on with ... I was not sad at all I was so grateful to have had this opportunity to hug her and talk to her and love her face to face .

I have to end it here now as Hubby is back and wanting food for the afternoon ahead of clearing and burning the rest of the branches and fixing the fence so the neighbors sheep don't get out 🙂

Thanks for being there for me,

Have a great weekend and we will catch up again next Saturday my time

Hugs Christine

 

PS sorry there was no photographic evidence, though it would have been great to see the angle on the 'truck' and the mud up to the running board !!

9 comments:

  1. What a lovely, hilarious story and visit report!

    In all of the excitement, did Beauty get her carrots? 🙂🐄

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes she did and today she is up on the top of the hill where Hubby was going to move her today, she must be tired of the mud between her hooves :) she is a darling :)

      Delete
  2. What a super visit!! So glad you all had such a good time . . .and made some good memories too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by to read the blog, it was a great week and she is home safe and sound now :) the children loved the gifts and are carrying them around :)

      Delete
  3. You painted great pictures with your words. Thank you for this lovely blog and sharing your stories ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for taking time to read it... it won't be forgotten that is for sure :)

      Delete
  4. What a beautiful family adventure. I’m sure that will be remembered at holiday dinner conversations for many years to come. Laughter amid a “crisis” is always a treasure. So glad your visit was so special.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks the hugs I will hold onto for many years to come

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was a wonderful week with so much love thanks for taking time to stop by.

    ReplyDelete

SPARKDOVESEYES THRU THE KNITTING GLASS 07/02/2022

  Good Morning, It is a lovely quiet sunny day here, after a week of cool but sunny days. The Galahs have gathered in the dead tree, had the...