Friday, September 10, 2021

SPARKDOVESEYES THRU THE KNITTING GLASS 09/11/2021

 

Good Morning and thanks for stopping by. 

Beauty has decided she has enough grass to eat and is not coming to the fence for her carrots anymore.

 

This week I have been working on the latest project,  the Tasteful Lace.

 


 


It is knit on a circular needle because it has 233 stitches. It is knit altogether up to the armholes, with seven patterns and then completed with stocking stitch. i think it almost looks Art Deco..y.

It is another new way of knitting to me, I am stretching myself and hoping to be able to wear it if I get to go and see DD and family.

 

It is a beautiful spring day today here, huge big puffy clouds fill the sky, the Sun is shining on the yellowy green grass and the blue sky all makes for a joy to look at.

We are hoping to attend our yearly Art and Craft show on Friday. We have missed the lovely ladies and are hoping they are all ok. 

 

This is one I purchased in the past. 



I love the movement of it, looks like a group of people dancing to me, throwing their arms around to the music .. 

 

The trees are getting their leaves on our deciduous trees. Isn't is amazing how they are dormant and then out pop the new ones? So cool.

 


Have a wonderful week 

Thinking of you 

 

Hugs 

Christine

10 comments:

  1. The new lace sweater is looking really nice so far - I love the soft color and the texture 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you it is a fun knit with an easy written pattern to follow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The new sweater is gorgeous! Such an interesting pattern.

    Your trees are getting new leaves and ours are falling in preparation for winter.

    Have fun at the Arts and Craft show.

    Happy Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for reading my blog have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colour of the sweater . It will look nice with so many other colours like white , brown other pastel colours . I saw " a " dancer and then I saw a tree with a large root system . LOL . Take care .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, it is fun to knit. My phone doesn't do the color very well it is more apricot :)

      Delete
  6. I have to admit I love having folks living in the Southern Hemisphere, so I can enjoy Spring twice! And Summer for Christmas! How lovely to remember, whatever time of year it is, that there is another season yet to come.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true the seasons come and go :) thanks for your comments.

      Delete
  7. That new sweater looks like it's going to be real nice when it gets completed. I hope you are able to get through it without too much trouble, taking some apart and doing it over again!

    I do hope that you are able to attend the craft show. I'm sure it would be nice to get out and do something that resembles "the good old days" before covid.

    Have a great week my friend.

    Ken

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Ken, this one is much harder than the pink one but so much less trouble :)I have only had to undo two stitches....
    Oh I am so looking forward to Friday and seeing the ladies again.

    ReplyDelete

SPARKDOVESEYES THRU THE KNITTING GLASS 07/02/2022

  Good Morning, It is a lovely quiet sunny day here, after a week of cool but sunny days. The Galahs have gathered in the dead tree, had the...