Friday, September 3, 2021

SPARKDOVESEYES THRU THE LOOKING GLASS 09/04/2021

 


Good Morning 

Please help yourself to a piece of Apple Cake hot out of the oven. 

 I have knitting to show today ... an FO.. finished object. 

The King Cole Sweater in DK is finished. It is knit in Portacraft Acrylic DK called 

Multi Pinkie Pie. It took 7 balls... started on the 08/22 and finished 09/03.

 

For a mostly  garter stitch project it was undone so much :)

 


 


Neck and sleeves.

You can see the Chevron pattern here. 

It is lovely and thick and warm, I am hoping to go and see baby 3 in May next year so will need this as Tasmania is sooooo... cold :)

 The color does somewhat hide the pattern in the pics but is ok in real life.

 

 

 My next project is ready to go another one for the trip to wear on the plane, I am hoping to finish it in time with less undoing :) It is knit on circular needles.

228 sts a recipe for lots of undoing.

 

 

 It seemed like a busy week this week lots going on... last night we took DS to a local pub to say goodbye to a fellow worker, we went off and got some food and came back to pick him up.

Today we are chilling out, tomorrow a friend of DS is coming to buy his Hyundai Tiburon.

 

Beauty says hi.

 


 

 Have great week catch you next Saturday 


Christine

 


21 comments:

  1. Congrats on the FO! 😁

    I like the neckline. It goes well with the rest of the design.

    I just started a “proof of concept” Mobius Lizard Ridge cowl, knit Cat Bordhi - style, in the round. There is an odd number of repeats so the cast-on in the middle zig-zags between the short row bumps.

    The lizard ridge pattern is here:
    https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/lizard-ridge
    I think it’s quite attractive

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome thanks I will print it off and put it in my list :) hugs

      Delete
  2. Warm apple cake!! Mmmmmm. Thank you! And, your pinky pie sweater looks lovely on you . . . so nice to be knitting in anticipation of the trip to see baby three!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am hoping to go to Tassie after he is born.
    Hope you are enjoying DS and Henry will let him go home :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those cakes definitely make my mouth water! Just the thing with a cup of hot tea after my walk. That is so cool to be knitting in prep for a trip to see the new grand baby! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Finished object looks great! And yes, I can see the pattern, even with the colors.

    Hope you get the next project done timely and what better goal than to have it while traveling to meet baby 3!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by to read the blog, even with the ripping back it was a fun knit :)

      Delete
  6. Have a great Saturday.

    Oh I think the design on the pink sweater is gorgeous and looks gorgeous on YOU!

    Awww, hope your DS had a good time.

    Hi right back to Beauty. What a sweetheart!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping by Barb, it is fun and I will remember why I made it :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Virtual apple cake...calorie free. Yummy!

    The sweater is gorgeous. Just the thing for a new grandbaby to snuggle into while in gramma's arms. ❤️❤️❤️

    So much fun to plan for that trip!!! Woohoo!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It tastes as good as it looks, it took me three tries to get it right mixing three different recipes .

      Oh I haven't thought about the snuggling, ohh nice

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Funny you should say that I used to bake and take to the neighbors, pies cakes biccies... oh I'm rubbing it in now.

      Delete
  10. By coincidence I made an apple cake over the weekend too.
    Very odd for me though since I never bake.
    Circular needles? I used them once on one of my few knitting projects. I just never had the talent or patience that you have. Beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you we all have our talents, your are amazing :) I love my apple cake :)I do not have much practice with circulars but this on had a lot of stitches and is working out well so far.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look picture perfect with your sweater . No , baking apple cake while wearing it . The cake looks delish . Take care .

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice sweater! You have become quite the excellent knitter, congrats! I'd like a nice chunk of the apple cake, it looks good!

    Ken

    ReplyDelete
  14. Come on over and have some :) I wish ...

    ReplyDelete

SPARKDOVESEYES THRU THE KNITTING GLASS 07/02/2022

  Good Morning, It is a lovely quiet sunny day here, after a week of cool but sunny days. The Galahs have gathered in the dead tree, had the...