Friday, September 17, 2021

SPARKDOVESEYES THRU THE KNITTING GLASS 09/18/2021

 

Hello and welcome to my blog today,

This week has been wonderful with Sunny days and rain and rainbows, Spring cometh...

The 28's (parrots) and Magpies, Ducks and Ravens have been visiting to take advantage of the Deadly Nightshade plants and the bird bath and the snails.

Beauty has decided there is enough grass for her to eat and is lying in the Sun. She doesn't come to the fence any more. We are hoping to surprise her with an old friend at the end of September. 

Her original owner has been asked to bring one of her 'sisters' to keep her company. In the summer they stand head to  toe and swat the flies off each other. She has been alone for a few years now. I am hoping she will enjoy the company.

Paul comes to  poison our weeds and uses a special spray that doesn't hurt Beauty.

 

Knitting...

I am still working on the Tasteful Lace cardigan. O what a joy to knit, it looks stunning and I have only undone two stitches in getting used to the pattern.

 


 I have completed the back and left and right fronts knitted at the same time on circulars so far and started on the sleeves. I am doing the sleeves on straights.

 


 

This is the sleeve seam so cool...

 


 


On the home front ... we took a drive over to Bindoon to the Art and Craft show, only to find it was not able to open on Friday. We are not able to go today so hopefully tomorrow we can go. 

 

I will take some pictures ... we got this one in 2019...it has beautiful greens and colors in the black areas.

 


 

 
Life goes on and we hope for a quiet fire season...
 
I found some old photos, this is me in the Marching team ... the Whakatane Squadronettes. In the seventies. I am the shortie in the middle.
 

 

Sorry about the lines the photo album is so old :) 
 
 
Take time to check out nature all around you and enjoy the peace you have. 
 
 
Hugs
Chris

20 comments:

  1. The current cardigan looks really good, so far! ❤️

    I hope Beauty will enjoy her companion, also. Otherwise, I wonder if she’d dream of a human swatting her flies for her? Like in the old movies with servants waving big feather fans? 😂

    The photos and memories are wonderful. 😀

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Gill, I am sure Beauty will be overjoyed to see her friend she hops around like a calf when her old owner comes over.
    The garment was knitted straight on the circs not joined at all, I tried to knit a hat on circulars and got lots of ladders as with double pointed needles as well. I wan to stay up day and night to get it finished :)
    No craft show today maybe tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The little Willy Wagtail bird eats the flies off her and if we come along it flies away and then comes back. She also has the roos for company but not real family :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww. Beauty sounds so social ❤️

      I loved the description of her frolicking when the original owner visits 😁

      Delete
  4. How interesting- I prefer knitting in the round, with two sets of circular needles. I do have to tug the stitches snug at the seams where I switch from one circular needle to the other; otherwise I get those ladders, too. It’s how I make all of my tubes 🙂

    Maybe those ladders would be more of an issue if I knit lace more often. I generally enjoy cabling and tight patterns with knit / purl motifs (it’s cold here and I don’t want to add extra holes on purpose! 😂

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have enjoyed using the circulars and doing the back and fronts at the same time. Hubby says it is just practice.
    your items are glorious :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Chris, for sharing this slice of life today. I am starting to follow in my mind "the story of Beauty", and now I'm looking forward to her surprise visit from her sister. Most animals need company, just as we do.

    Excellent progress on the cardigan. Such an elegant pattern, and pretty color. It must give you great joy in its creation!

    And thanks for the pictures of the art, and the Marching team, too. I'm going to soak in your Spring, even while we go through Autumn in the Northern hemisphere!

    🌷🍁✨

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so glad and a little awed that people enjoy the past with me.I expect Beauty to leap around like a calf :) she is cute.

      Delete
  7. Just found you through OneKidsMom and going to follow you as well. Great to be able to stop by. Hugs and Sparkles

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh that is a really nice looking sweater. I hope Beauty enjoys her company.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That sweater is going to be beautiful when you are finished. My sister had a basket that had a cover on it and you could open from both sides. She decided she didn't have a use for it anymore and so I took a picture of it and put it on Sauk-Prarie Free. A lady whose 10 yr old son was trying to teach himself to knit saw it and showed it to her son who fell in love with it. Well she signed him up for a knitting class and the basket is what he is going to use for his yarn. I thought that was wonderful that he wanted to know how to knit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing that, it is awesome that guys knit too and they make such amazing garments too :)
      Stephen West, Arne and Carlos wonderful projects I aspire to make one day :)
      What a wonderful gift to pass on

      Delete
    2. What a gorgeous lacy cardigan -- and to think achieving that effect is "easy"!! As in , easy for YOU to say!! That marching band picture is such fun: look at the determination!! Arms swinging!! Glad you are enjoying your birds!!

      Delete
    3. Thank you lovely lady :)it is 'flowing' along nicely have now finished a sleeve. I am liking these patterns and have got some yarn coming to make a couple of others in the same book.

      Delete
  10. Oh that will be lovely for Beauty to have company. Wonderful.

    Glad you did end up getting to the art fair. That is a beautiful picture.

    Enjoy your spring! My favorite season (besides Autumn).

    HUGS and blessings

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm hoping it is a cow she knows :) another lovely spring day today :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope Beauty is pleased when she gets a a friend to share her field with! But who knows, she might get testy about having to share "her" field!!!

    Your knitting looks amazing, as usual. Keep up the good work!

    Ahh, old pictures. Sometimes I come across old pictures and go through them and wonder, "Where has the time gone?". The old days seem so long ago, but also seem just like yesterday.

    Ken

    ReplyDelete
  13. She is a pretty kind cow and once a year when her old owner comes by to poison the weeds she acts like a calf and wants to go home with him ... the poison does not hurt her.
    He is getting older as well the new one may be a permanent resident.

    ReplyDelete

SPARKDOVESEYES THRU THE KNITTING GLASS 07/02/2022

  Good Morning, It is a lovely quiet sunny day here, after a week of cool but sunny days. The Galahs have gathered in the dead tree, had the...