Friday, September 24, 2021

Sparkdoveseyes Blog 09/25/2021

 

Beauty eating her hay in the midst of Summer.

 

Welcome to my blog 

 

I have made good progress on the Tasteful Lace cardigan, the back and fronts were done on circulars, I have now finished both sleeves and started on the collar, only the button bands after that and then finished.

 


 



it has been my main focus this week though I am still doing my two rows a day on the wedding shawl.

 


 We went up to Bindoon last Sunday and it was lovely to see the ladies and their paintings again. This is Lin, she loves bright colors in her art work .


 She is also the wonderful raffle lady, she gathers items over the year and bags them up then you can buy a ticket for a $1 and get a prize or a "try again". I love to help her by buying as many as I can as she gets paint supplies for the group.

DS  bought a car, a smaller one as the new job has very little parking and he would not be able to get his Pathfinder in the lot.  He has one more day to work then a few days off before starting the new position. It is only half an hour instead of the hour and ten minutes now. The men are out now getting it :)

 

We got this ink drawing/painting of Carilley Estate and Hubby got this one called 

Skinny Dipping.



 He has been working on his 3D printer too 

 


 We all got phone holders :), he also printed one for an I-phone that had a  long tube speaker and gave it to his brother, who was amazed how the sound was amplified when it rang ha ha so cool. We are all getting older and our hearing is needing some help :) 

 

I am having a rest day today as the week has been seemingly long and I am tired.

 

I am looking out on my field of daisies and enjoying the view. 

 

Have a wonderful week and enjoy your surroundings, 

 

Hugs 

 

Christine

12 comments:

  1. Awww, Beauty! 😍🥰

    Nice job with the knitting! And the sherbet cardigan looks great on you!

    Thanks for sharing the watercolors you got. Lovely.

    Now that I understand the connection between WonderPhil’s new hobby and where you two met, I’m reminded of that scene in The Graduate, where Dustin Hoffman’s character gets some career advice 😂
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PSxihhBzCjk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha...he was a sort after electrician who helped start companies that became internationally known, designed electronics that others got the credit and the money for. He can still design and build amazing things and is ever learning ... :)and he is my wonderphil :)

      Delete
  2. Beautiful knitting! Was fun catching up with you too. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. The knitting gorgeous! Enjoy the day of rest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beauty is . . . well . . . beautiful! Looks content.

    LOVE your shawl. Gorgeous pattern.

    What a nice picture of you and your friend. NICE!

    Good luck to DS on his new car and his new position.

    Here's to your Spring!

    HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Barb,we have a lovely Spring day today even the shrike birds are stopping by for a bath :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoy seeing your inventive man's results. Makes me jealous I should invest in a 3-D printer too!
    You knitting is always pleasing and I spy you wearing your last sweater in the picture!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Hubby has been churning out all sorts of things,practical things,lots needed for DS car ...clips and things. We have a water filter tap and need to hold the tap up to fill the jug etc he made a clip that you lift the tap it slots into clip you fill the jug... easy ... it used to have a paper clip to hold it ... he is amazing :)and yes that is the lemon and lime.... hugs Janet

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I want your husband!! How clever!!! You are a great knitter!
    Susiemt

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha ha that made me laugh ...sorry he's taken :)

    I am in awe of Northern hemisphere knitters who knit top down, all in one,color work,circular hats are hard to me. My yarn is usually acrylic as it is pretty hot here, I make scarves in merino/silk.
    Hubby is wonderful and encourages me to see a hard pattern as a challenge I can overcome. he is WonderPhil.

    ReplyDelete

SPARKDOVESEYES THRU THE KNITTING GLASS 07/02/2022

  Good Morning, It is a lovely quiet sunny day here, after a week of cool but sunny days. The Galahs have gathered in the dead tree, had the...