Friday, July 2, 2021

 

 

  Sparkdoveseyes Days Through the Knitting Glass episode today.  

 

Morning to You All, thanks for stopping by.


I am continuing to work on my do over cardigan. Having undone and re skeined the yarn, I knitted the two sleeves and the back, when I was half  way up the front,  I  found that I  had not enough yarn to complete. 

 

I purchased two balls of white Aran, used the DK yarn I had held double and found a sparkle ball to mix in. Hope you can see it in the photo. 

 


 


 It is in the green.

 


 This one shows the stripey front shoulder folded up  and the start of the white collar. The top is actually the bottom ... :)  once the collar is the right length is is sewn down the front to make a shawl collar.



Then the sleeves are added and everything sewn together. It was certainly an interesting pattern to knit,very easy to follow and with the Aran yarn quick to knit. It is a thicker yarn than the DK or 8 ply I usually use.



This is my join, on the left, the green to the white stripe, it is so neat I will be using it every time now.

 


 Here is a reminder of the pattern I am using :).

 

Another try at showing the bling :) from Hubby's phone

 


 

 

Thanks so much for your continued support, 

Have a wonderful week, 

 

Hugs 

 

Christine 

17 comments:

  1. Ha that's funny... its actually Saturday here, must be the google calendar :) enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's pretty and fun colors. I frequently uses Caron's Simply Soft which has quite a sheen. It's better in crochet as it splits with needles. It makes the softest afghans.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi it is called Sparkle yarn :) the Aran is so soft can't wait to finish it :)

      Delete
  3. Beautiful craft work. I should recommend your blog to my niece, she's into knitting, big time. And cats. LOL.

    I noticed that my blogger clock seems to think I'm in a different time zone than I am... it's in the settings, and I set it to central. I just went and checked at it still says that. If it says on the post that it's 7:36 a.m., then I'm in sync... if not, well... same boat?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing my blog with your niece :), I do love yarn and cats and don't forget cows too :)

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Through the Knitting Glass" I LOVE that title!
    Also love the pink and green contrasting colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks is just popped into my head :)blogger does seem a bit like Alice in Wonderland to me trying to get around it.

    The ribbing is taken from the original garment and I just started knitting the aran into it, so it seemed right to double the yarn and fill in the gaps :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm inspired by your knitting and looking forward to seeing the finished product; the picture looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Goodness. That’s as neat as a Kitchener stitch! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks your encouragement has lifted me to new heights :)

      Delete
  9. What beautiful colors in the cardigan - you certainly have talent!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much for stopping by to read my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Gill for stopping by and leaving a comment hugs Chris

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, you are very talented at knitting! Love the fun colors.

    ReplyDelete

SPARKDOVESEYES THRU THE KNITTING GLASS 07/02/2022

  Good Morning, It is a lovely quiet sunny day here, after a week of cool but sunny days. The Galahs have gathered in the dead tree, had the...