Friday, August 6, 2021

DD Sent Me Some Photos of the Truck Getting Stuck and the Tree

 

Hi there, 

Welcome to today's blog, it has begun to rain ... Hubby and son are trying to burn the fallen limbs from the tree. The timber is soaked and Hubby has been coughing since getting wet last week. No temperature just the coughing. 

 


 This is the truck stuck in the fire break ... the timber on the right is the fallen 'branch' which is huge !!


The rope is tied to another tree to help extricate the truck from the mud :)



Of course Beauty wanted to see what was going on :)



So it continues today, DS has taken Thursday, Friday off and is helping to get the timber burnt and the fence fixed in the rain.


I watch youtube for my knitting enjoyment ... Not Quite Enough Yarn, Frivolous and Frugal  and Magpies Cottage are favorites.

Well this week Magpies Cottage announced if you had watched all the way through, subscribed and liked, the names would go in draw for a $10 off voucher, as they did each week. 

It is getting harder and harder to watch on my laptop so Hubby put it on the TV (somehow ... he is amazing... my Wonder Phil), I watched it and then last weeks winner was announced....
It was my Username... gasp... the last time I won anything was when I was seven and really wanted to win the blue teddy printed cushion in a raffle ... and I did 🙂 !!!

I took a couple of days to think about it and jump up and down that I had won ... then realized I had a lot of yarn stash to use up and then sent off an email asking that they give the voucher to someone who came into the shop on my behalf, just thinking about it being given to someone who may need a treat was so wonderful for me.
They said they would do it 🙂
 
Next week I will blog on SP for the last time ... keeping my promise to my self...
 
"It's not how you start it's how you finish" 
 
I am proud to have joined and gone all the way to the end, having found so many wonderful people along the way :).

I will close up my page and move on ... taking with me and keeping in my heart those of you who are my friends and companions in weight loss and caring for each other :)

Thankyou for stopping by to read,
 
Remember to  be kind to yourself and others, 
Smiles are free, they can be seen in your eyes even with a mask on :)

Hugs 

Christine




 


Hubby modelling GC mermaid tail

17 comments:

  1. That tail looks truly wonderPhil on him. I think he needs a shimmery aqua one! 😆

    Thanks for the visuals from DD’s Eventful Last Day of the Visit. I’m wondering if Beauty got her carrots in all of the excitement, and whether she thought there might be MORE carrots forthcoming! 😂

    It was sweet of you to offer the voucher to fill someone else’s yarn stash 😉 I only know personally of one knitter disciplined enough to buy yarn specifically for each project. She lives in NYC and doesn’t have space in her apartment for a stash! 😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we fed Beauty before we went to look for branches :)DD took the photos I didn't know till DS told me so asked her to pass them on :)
      I have so much yarn and so many ideas of projects, I know that voucher will be a blessing to someone :)

      Delete
  2. So kind of you to donate your winnings.
    Thank you for the reminder about eyes smiling. Cheers me along as I’ll return to wearing mask the whole work day ☹️
    Lol at hubby in the pink mermaid tail love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was DD who asked me to make it for GD and it took three strands held together to get the 'scale' effect DH is so great being the model ... love the look on his face :)

      Delete
  3. Love what you did with the winnings! And I'm sorry I didn't get to know you while still on Spark, but so glad to have found you NOW, and being able to follow your adventures going forward. Life is good!

    And it's not how we start, but how we finish... another great motto!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comments, we passed in the night :), so glad we are keeping in touch :)

      Delete
  4. Wow! That looks like a lot of work that your DH and DS are doing.

    So amazing that you won that prize and nice that you asked for the voucher to be given to someone else since you don’t need the yarn.

    SP will be missed terribly, that’s for sure.

    YES, for sure, even w/a mask, you can see a smile in the eyes!

    HUGS and blessings, my dear!

    LOVE the mermaid tail.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barb, the rain and wet wood has held them up but they did the best they could, today is Sunny but they are resting their aches and pains to day :)

      Delete
  5. While I'm more than certain that stuck truck was a major problem, the telling of the tale last week, and now the photos, will add to the retelling as the years pass. ;-)

    Congrats on winning the prize. Kudos for passing it on to another. Altruistic sharing is the best.

    Come 17 August, I expect there will be a collective sigh of mourning heard round the world.

    Hugs ~ Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jeanne, I love those tales of incidents as the years so by :), we will take the SP we found and move on. Just like knitting... work on the project finish and move on to the next :)

      Delete
  6. Your dear hubby, Phil is *such* a good sport! :-) Congrats on winning the prize and all the more power to you for giving it away!! Hope your dear Phil is feeling better. ~ JEANKNEE

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Gill, that tail was a labor of love for my GD it took months to make holding three strands of yarn :).
    I looked it up he has a cold and hopefully he will feel better soon as I have it now :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi thanks he is amazing. The store was happy to do it for me I am imagining someone with not quite enough to pay and getting a wonderful surprise :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Catching up here. Dealing with storm damage is a dauting task. Kudos to those sticking with it. Love your inquisitive Beauty.
    What a great mermaid’s tail and such a great model. Hope he is feeling better by now. How nice to donate your prize. You really will make someone's day by your generosity
    I remember sewing “tails” out of shimmering, sparkly material for a community theater production some decades ago. Quite a job especially since I had to make the fins detachable so the mermaids could get up and DANCE for the finale. Crazy director!

    ReplyDelete
  10. DD sent me the pattern for the Tail, it was a nightmare, three strands of yarn held together, but I did it and Hubby modeled it for me :) he is so lovely and cute and...

    Detachable fins would be tough.

    Thinking of you hope you are on the mend and feeling good :) hugs lovely lady .

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, it's so cool you live on a farm! Your husband is such a good sport! ha ha ha It's cute! That looks like a fun way to stay warm in the evening!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes we have a five acre block in Western Australia, it is our Winter just now and the Eucalyptus drop their flower laden branches..one cow called Beauty who is retired from having calves and a cat Phoenix who DD left behind when she moved interstate :)

    ReplyDelete

SPARKDOVESEYES THRU THE KNITTING GLASS 07/02/2022

  Good Morning, It is a lovely quiet sunny day here, after a week of cool but sunny days. The Galahs have gathered in the dead tree, had the...