Friday, August 13, 2021

Sparkdoveseyes Thru the Knitting Glass Today .... Welcome

 

Pattern by Wendy 

Using Wendy DK

Cable Trimmed Raglan Sweater and Cardigan 

 4mm needles

 

I used King Cole Melody DK in the colorway Apple shade 965 

100%  acrylic

 


 

This is the sleeve and you can see the different yarn colors here, I call it my Lemon and Lime cardigan.

 


 This is the cable that is in the raglan sleeve front and back.

 


 This is the back see how the colors spread themselves across the work, well it was not that easy on the fronts or sleeves :). It took some winding of new balls to get the colors to look right. I think it looks great and with the green button bands I will put on it should all look 'like it was meant to be'.

 I have run it passed Hubby who is fussier than me and he concurs it is good :)

 


These are the two fronts.

 


 This is the neck line before I added the collar.

 


 This is where it is so far, all sewn up and collar on ... just about to work the button bands today. Hubby says it will all work out :) 

 

A fun knit with lovely yarn  

 

Thanks for having a look I will post the finished... finished... item later :)

 

Hugs 

 

Christine

18 comments:

  1. Sweater and hat to match. Love it. It came together nicely. Cute pic of your kitty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice, Christine

    Have a great weekend (or whatever day it is)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Trev its Saturday night here :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy Moley. I doubt anyone who doesn’t knit will ever know how hard it is to match the pooling of variegated yarns, like that!

    You did an amazing job. 🏆 Well done!!!

    I love the colors - they remind me of fruit ices and sherbet.

    Hope your cold is letting you feel better, too. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  5. Matching those stripes is no easy task. What a fantastic job!!
    It is absolutely perfect. Wear it proudly and in good health.
    Enjoy the day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful colors on the sweater and cardigan! Glad it’s DH approved. That makes all the difference! LOL Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. He is often my sounding board as I can 'put up' with things and he spurs me on to greater heights :) to " do a proper job "

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have a talent! Thanks for sharing the process and the product with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks it is my happy place and over the years Hubby has taught me how to keep going and conquer hard patterns and finish what I start... sometimes I d need to come back to the real hard ones later :)

      Delete
  9. ow You are so talented. Those colors work so well together. Thanks for the Kitty picture.
    1farmer;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi great you stopped by thanks for being a sparkfriend over my ten years there and also for stopping by to read my new blogs :) woo hoo :)

    Do you have a blog on blogger would love to add it to my list.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is lovely! 4A-HEALTHY-BMI sent me over here after I mentioned hunting through a variegated skein to line up color bands on a sweater, and it turns out that it's basically the SAME cardigan but in crochet (and mine's blue)! I remember when just changing from one solid color to another seemed like "magic" or "voodoo," and here I am matching up stripes across three separate pieces. (I think I'm just going to let the ribbing be whatever it is, or switch to a solid, compatible color - haven't decided, yet.)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you... yes it was a 'nightmare' though I think I got away with it :). It is a wonderful weight to wear as well not too hot .
    Anja is an amazing knitter and is a great lady :)

    ReplyDelete

SPARKDOVESEYES THRU THE KNITTING GLASS 07/02/2022

  Good Morning, It is a lovely quiet sunny day here, after a week of cool but sunny days. The Galahs have gathered in the dead tree, had the...