Sunday, January 2, 2022

SPARKDOVESEYES THRU THE KNITTING GLASS 01/03/2022

 Hello... long time no blog :)

 

For those who do not know I broke my arm in September and have been recuperating since, no op just a collar and cuff for a few weeks and then returning periodically for x rays to see progress. 

I was at the shopping centre and was putting something in my bag and tripped over an object left on the ground. I lay there till someone found me and got my Pharmacist to come out and do triage on me, then Hubby took me to the Hospital 


The fall broke my humerus.

I was in critical care overnight and sent home the next day. 

Hubby has been a tower of strength to me and has cared for me all these months, WonderPhil as per pseudonym :) 

I did suffer from being left on the ground for however long it was but I gave it to the 'Big Guy' and carried on.

 

Here are some photos of what I made while recuperating :) 

 


 
Duchess of Devonshire Shawl knit in Alpaca and Acrylic, the gold is lovely and soft.

this is the hem knit sideways





I got the ball winder for my birthday and Hubby has been caking up my yarn for me :)

DS got me a pattern for a poncho and some yarn, how he did it I don't know he even picked the correct type for the pattern ... must be love I guess :)

 

Hubby bought himself the 3-D printer and made me a yarn ball holder for all those balls he is going to cake for me.


Sorry it has been a while and my photos are out of sync to the pics ... a ha you can't see my arms :)

The poncho is made with 12 and 14 ply wool it was a lovely knit on huge needles :) 

 

I am doing this on my laptop and using the pad not my usual mouse.

Hoping to get back into blogging again

Hugs and Happy New Year

 

doveseyes

13 comments:

  1. So good to see you and your knitting photos again!❤️

    i hope they can help with the pain 🫂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Couldn't reply wonder Phil again to the rescue.
      have to sit at the table though ouch.
      Pain killers lead to constipation had to stop them.

      Delete
    2. Agree about the oral painkillers (although they don’t seem to prescribe them in this country at all anymore- “go take Tylenol.” 🙄)

      I have an electrical stimulation device that supposedly helps with pain. Personally I suspect all it does is distract you.

      Lately I’ve been using BellyBio on my iphone for deep breathing. Very calming.

      Delete
  2. Lovely to see your smiling face and your beautiful knitting again!! Truly a WonderPhil winder and a real keeper husband!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comments it is nice to be back :)

      Delete
  3. Doesn't matter if the photos are "out of sync" just glad you're mended enough to be back on the keyboard! Missed you, and your beautiful creations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year! So nice to see you and photos of your beautifully made treasures. Glad that you are properly healing. Looking forward to seeing you more often.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are looking lots better, Christine!

    Your knitting projects are gorgeous! LOVE the poncho you made. Looks lovely on you, too, and nice and snuggly warm.

    May the healing continur!

    Happy and HEALTHY New Year!

    Your Phil is an angel!

    Barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to see the blog - hope the humerus is nearly all healed.

    ReplyDelete

SPARKDOVESEYES THRU THE KNITTING GLASS 07/02/2022

  Good Morning, It is a lovely quiet sunny day here, after a week of cool but sunny days. The Galahs have gathered in the dead tree, had the...