Friday, January 28, 2022

SPARKDOVESEYES THRU THE KNITTING GLASS 01/29/2022

 

Morning, 

I have a lovely day with blue skies and trees waving in the hot breeze, I have had a productive week with my exercises and knitting efforts. 

My little GS Mr E has covid though as at time of typing the rest of the family test negative. He has a sore tummy and feels sick.

 

The opening photo is another free Berroco pattern a headband called Calisson. This one is made in chunky yarn and will go to my friend for her birthday as a cowl. The color is a little more orangy than pictured.

 

I worked on the Diane Tee and am still enjoying the 'crazy' way it is knit. I have knitted across the neck line and will join the two pieces again and knit the pattern across to the other sleeve and then the rib on the sleeve. 

It continues to 'drag' along the front and back as it goes... so cool.

 

I also made a head band in DK the same color as the Diane.

 


 It is showing pretty well here, another few inches and then sew the edges together.

 

The Rivette Tee has 'suffered' this week as I work on the Diane, though I did add another pattern ... 8 rows... onto it.

 


 This is the edge pattern that will be the sides of the Tee, so cool and the centre panel is a joy to knit. the darker section is the Linen it is so drapey and soft.

 

 


 The centre section ... it now measures eight inches and at twelve inches the sleeve decreases start. I have split my 4 ply yarn in two lots so I can replicate on the back, it will have darker shades as it goes up with a tweed look yarn on top. 

 

Hoping you are well and enjoying life ... 

 

Hugs and warm wishes from Australia

 

doveseyes

4 comments:

  1. It seems that my replies are always the same. "Such gorgeous work. So much talent." But both of those statements are true. I can only imagine how thrilled your family and friends are to receive your magnificent gifts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much it is lovely for me to have people to share my projects with. I do love to give away my projects :)

      Delete
  2. I realize I am about to say the same thing speded2 said... I love your work, and the photos you share. You have a gift! And I know I say the same thing a lot in my comments, but it's true, true, true!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, I agree it is a gift one I love to share and made all the more lovely by your enjoyment of them too :)

    ReplyDelete

SPARKDOVESEYES THRU THE KNITTING GLASS 07/02/2022

  Good Morning, It is a lovely quiet sunny day here, after a week of cool but sunny days. The Galahs have gathered in the dead tree, had the...