Saturday, January 22, 2022

SPARKDOVESEYES THRU THE KNITTING GLASS 01/23/2022

 

Good morning and welcome to my page, it has been a long week as it seems to be when you have appointments to go to. 

Monday was the Hospital, another x ray, a wait to see the trauma Registrar, the humerus is healed and I am discharged. 

Then Friday to another Hospital for physio, the hope that the arm will return to full use, I had been doing some exercises and received the 'upgraded' version :)

She was happy that I am getting results and will continue to work on the new ones. Then back in a few weeks. 

 


 A photo of this weeks progress on the Diane Tee by the Berroco Team. Here you can see more clearly the way it is knit. The cuff and pattern part are the sleeve and the long piece on this side and folded on the other side will be the front and back. So only side seams to complete and some rib at the bottom of front and back.

 

Also did another eight row pattern on the Rivette Tee, it is so soft and light using the 4 ply yarns in merino and the next part is in linen which is sooo soft and drapey. 

 


 Sorry it's side ways I did turn it but... :), so the light color is the beginning rows, in merino silk, the darker color is the linen yarn. The cable is only every eight rows and the lace is on each end and before and after the middle cable section.

 

I have written it out on individual pieces of paper so I get each stitch correct, I did not at the start but have left it that way to remind me I am 'human' :).

Each project has it's own story. Now the rows are correct. 

I did have to research K tbl and p tbl they make lovely stitches across the knitting.

 

I am wanting to get more items off the needles so worked on this ...

the yarn is Knitpicks merino style Bare (not dyed) DK, 100 grams and 246 yards. 

I caked it up into two cakes. One was to be a hat .... then a scarf then a cowl...

I finished it last night and it is a cowl double thickness with a lovely cable design. 

 


 

It looks small but is sooo stretchy and soft around my neck ... I turned in the edges and sewed them inside to make it the right size. 

 

 

On my needles still I have a Chanel Jacket ... the back and most of the left front is done. 

A "made it up myself' jacket using the feather and fan stitch. 

A scarf ... gradient shades going from white to deepening shades of yellow and gold.

 

Then three sweaters to make and looking for patterns for the Chenille chunky yarn DS got me for Christmas. 

These will make a dent in my sixteen bags of yarn... yes :) that is right. A couple of them are bits I am putting in my crochet blankets ... oops yes there are also two crochet blankets, one with black edging and one with white edging around the squares.

I will not buy anymore yarn till I have wittled away most of these ... :) or that is my intention. Though I have not bought any yarn since before Christmas and still have plenty of 'squishing sessions' :)

 

The heat and the 42-44 deg C days do not stop me from knitting :), the air con is wonderful ... we use an evaporative system. 

 

Thanks for wading through this it seems to be a long one today :) 

 

Here's hoping what ever brings you joy is available to you in these tough times. 

 

Lots of hugs 

 

doveseyes

10 comments:

  1. Lovely cable work! ❤️

    You sound like you are starting to feel more like “yourself” again, 🫂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes for sure went out to the shops today first time passed the Restaurant where I tripped. No emotions... yay on the way back to me ...

      Delete
  2. They are all beautiful!
    I'm glad your arm is healing.

    Hmm, yarn. I promised myself I would use up some in my bins too. Then I ran out of a color as I changed the initial project. I went to the store and found I couldn't get more; but they had an ombre and sister colors. Now my single color 'granny squares' will look more like a patchwork quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. “The best reason for a knitter to marry is that you can't teach the cat to be impressed when you finish a lace scarf.”
    ― Stephanie Pearl-McPhee, At Knit's End: Meditations for Women Who Knit Too Much

    “...the number one reason knitters knit is because they are so smart that they need knitting to make boring things interesting. Knitters are so compellingly clever that they simply can't tolerate boredom. It takes more to engage and entertain this kind of human, and they need an outlet or they get into trouble.

    "...knitters just can't watch TV without doing something else. Knitters just can't wait in line, knitters just can't sit waiting at the doctor's office. Knitters need knitting to add a layer of interest in other, less constructive ways.”
    ― Stephanie Pearl-McPhee

    Hugs ~ Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful work, love the photos. You do a good job of showing the detail!

    And I am so happy for the progress with the arm. Nothing feels as good as recovery from injury or illness. Not even never having the bad thing... because you don't appreciate the feeling good as much without the contrast!

    Keep smiling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is great to be appreciated, thanks so much .
      Well said about the injury :)

      Delete
  5. My friend, I am so happy to hear how well you are doing with your healing!! This makes my heart happy!

    Your knitting looks great! You are very industrious, most people would be happy to learn a couple of patterns and just use them for everything. But not you! You continue to learn new patters and make the effort to use them to their full potential. Very impressive.

    I was glad to read that Phil has found a way to avoid migraines. Must be the caffeine in the black tea that was triggering them. I think green tea is lower in caffeine (but terrible in my opinion!) and white tea may be even lower and potentially not taste like garbage!

    I apologize for not commenting sooner. I have been feeling very anti social the last month or so and have avoided striking up conversations, real or virtual.

    Ken

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by I changed from Green tea to Rooibos it has flavor but I prefer Coffee. Hubby makes me a lovely one with powdered chocolate on top ... :)Spoiler...

      Delete

SPARKDOVESEYES THRU THE KNITTING GLASS 07/02/2022

  Good Morning, It is a lovely quiet sunny day here, after a week of cool but sunny days. The Galahs have gathered in the dead tree, had the...