Friday, January 14, 2022

SPARKDOVESEYES THRU THE KNITTING GLASS 01/15/2022

 

BE FREE 


Hi there,

Hope you are having a lovely day. 

This week I finished the hats for DD's family and will send them off . 

I made one for SIL, Miss A, Mr E and the baby on the way. DD will receive the Alpaca/Acrylic shawl I made. 

I have also been working on the Diane Tee, it is turning out to be a joy to make though the way it is made is so new to me. You start with one sleeve and work across the shoulder to the other one adding the front and back as you go and finishing on the left sleeve with just a lower band and tidy up the neckline. 

 

I do like a challenge :) I am also working on the Rivette Tee, it is a mix of my favorite patterns, lace, cable and stocking stitch... knit bottom up and just two parts. Front and back...easy after the Diane :) 

 

Here are the hat photos and progress on the Diane and Rivette .

 


 

It has a lovely twisted rib that runs through the pattern as well .
 
 

Making slow progress on the Brick layers shawl which is now going to be a cowl as I do only two rows a day as it is a complicated pattern.It is about half way to finished now :)
It is a lovely custard color.

I have appointments this week for new x ray and some physio, Hubby has work, it will be in the 40's deg C 

Hot hot hot

Thanks for stopping by to read this 
Hugs
Christine




8 comments:

  1. Good to see you doing what you enjoy... the hats are just perfect! Hope you get good news from your appointments this week... and ooh, between the heat where you are the cold where several of us readers are... we should average them?

    Enjoy your challenges... you do beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you I always say it is my happy place, hoping for good news this week.Autumn is on its way :)

      Delete
  2. The finished objects look GREAT!

    Super cold here today, but the first real sun in weeks. I hung the laundry out at -1 F (-18.3 C) 🥶

    Hooray for freeze drying! 😂

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE your knitting projects. So pretty! Love the color combinations.

    STay cool ! Cold here and got snow today.

    HUGS and good luck w/your appointments! HOpe all is healing as it should.

    barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Barb, I love to knit :)
      Hoping for some good news at the x ray :)

      Delete
  4. It's wonderful that you have been able to continue with your knitting. Prayers for good reports from the doctors.

    Wish you could send some of that HOT HOT HOT this way!

    ReplyDelete

SPARKDOVESEYES THRU THE KNITTING GLASS 07/02/2022

  Good Morning, It is a lovely quiet sunny day here, after a week of cool but sunny days. The Galahs have gathered in the dead tree, had the...